Thursday, December 11, 2008

Action!

So I read in the news today where Hillary Rodham Clinton is not going to be paid as highly as her predessor, Condoleeza Rice; however, it will be an increase from her previous salary as a senator. Then I read how much a senator gets paid -- over 169,000 dollars a year. Now, what griped my cookies is that these poor senators are getting a PAY RAISE next year -- they will get paid $174,000!!

One-hundred seventy-four thousand dollars per year, all paid for by folks like you and me.

How many of us make that type of money? How many of us have top of the line health care, vehicles and the like taken care of, etc., etc.

I called up my senators tonight. The one senator's voice mail was full; the other was ready for me to state my extreme displeasure.

I am looking at families living on only 30,000 dollars a year, expected to make it -- AND to pay still MORE taxes as we as a country bail out the banks, Wall Street and the auto industry.

This makes me angry. It should make America angry, as well. If we're going to be expected to tighten our budgets, it has to start in CONGRESS. How can we expect the senate to see if what Detroit does is on the up and up, when they pass themselves raises -- on the tax payers backs?! The battle cry in 1776 was "No taxation without representation!"

Funny -- I don't think the modern state of affairs at Congress is what our founding fathers were thinking about when they made that above statement.

PLEASE -- I urge you -- call, write, do what you can to let your Senators and Representatives know that they need to take a pay CUT, and NOT a pay raise in 2009! Or we will vote in others who WILL listen! And then, you need to tell all those on your e-mail lists, your address books, your rolodexes and urge others to do the same. Tell Congress that We the People have HAD ENOUGH! Now is the time to take action.

No comments: