Monday, November 17, 2008

Coming Out

In this time when Proposition 8 made it so that homosexuals cannot be married and all of these celebs are coming out, as well as to show and vent their displeasure at the passage to ban gay marriages, I felt the need to come out myself and say the following: I'm STRAIGHT and PROUD of it!

I just wish to ask the Christian community -- just when did it become taboo to stand up for Christ? When did we start acting in an apologetic fashion for speaking the truth found only in the Word?

You know, when I was younger, I could have really cared less if I were popular or not. I dressed the way I felt comfortable, and even though it hurt to be made fun of, I took solace in knowing who I was.

As I've been a pastor's wife, I've noticed that I've started caring more and more and more about what other people think. After all, if the children aren't angels, or if I don't act like the "perfect" preacher's wife, then someone may leave the church, and it'll be all my fault! In my home school group, I was starting to worry about every little thing that someone was saying, because after all, they may leave the group.

I think we as Christians need to stop getting offended at every little thing, and start binding together to fight the big things! When are we going to stand up together and cry out for the unborn? When are we as Christians going to stand up together and fight for families the way that God ordained them? When are we as Christians going to stand up together and fight for the cause of Christ -- period?

God is coming under attack as never before in my recollection. Now I know, God can stand up quite well for Himself. But, Jesus said that if we confess and believe in Him, then He will confess us before the Father. There are signs on buses in Washington, DC, asking, "Why believe in a god -- just be good for goodness' sake." Why aren't people realizing that goodness only comes from GOD, HIMSELF?

You know, if the world turns their back on me, I don't really give a flying fig leaf. I'm calling on the Christian community to take a stand. No more sitting on that proverbial fence. We NEED to somehow get involved, and stand up - yes, stand up for Jesus! We need to come out of our closets of fear, shame, guilt, shyness, and step out to fight for the only One worth living for: our Lord, Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Donna Cooper said...

I 100% agree with you! I like that idea...gives ME an idea. Email me at AmazedByHisGrace@hotmail.com and I'll share!

Donna