Sunday, January 4, 2009

There's No Need to Fear....

Our church is having a week of prayer and supplication to the Lord. It seems like the enemy wants to strike at all areas of life, and wishes to instill fear in the hearts of all -- including the elect. I see it in the ministries, the talk of people. They are really afraid. Funny -- the Lord has told us over 365 times -- Do not be afraid.

I have to admit -- I was getting very afraid of a wide variety of things. Then on Saturday, I got sick. Who would think that getting a stomach virus was a blessing? But for me, it was. I got to spend some time in the Word, and talking with God. I was telling Him what I was afraid of, and I was shown in His Word why I am not supposed to fear. I will have to keep going back to that, and I know that God will direct my way.

--------------

I was playing a game of "Do You Know" with my children tonight, when I asked my daughter a question -- that's almost like Uno, but when you change a color, you ask someone a Bible trivia question. If they answer correctly, play continues in the color you chose. If they answer incorrectly, they pick up two cards.

At any rate. I asked her, "Who did Pilate release instead of Jesus?" She looked at me, paused and said, "Ummm, some guy?"

Needless to say, she drew two and learned how to say "Barabas."

No comments: