Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blessed be the Name of the Lord

This past weekend, the family had to get a small break from all of the pain associated with our beloved parishioner. As we find out new things, we find out we didn't know the depths of what was going on in this person's life. I know alot of people think that Pentecostal churches are controlling, but we truly aren't. And no organization on this planet can help people if they don't open up and share what's going on.

At any rate, We went to this free family-friendly pic-nic that a person who's running for a county office held for the community. There was rock-climbing, a bungee run, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and soda, to name a few. My hubby noticed there wasn't something for the littlest attendees, so he asked if we could go to the church and bring the small bouncy-ride for the youngest. They were agreeable and so my hubby went off with my eldest.

The children were having fun, and I felt kind of out of sorts. Then I talked to a couple who had met on the internet, and hearing their story made me smile. Then a bluegrass band started playing. I moved closer and closer, because I'm a huge lover of most every musical style. Then a guy came up and sang with a twang like you wouldn't believe. After he was done, I cracked, "So do you let anybody get up there and sing?"

To my surprise, they called me on it, and had me go up and sing. While I admire bluegrass, I don't KNOW songs by heart in the bluegrass genre. They asked me what I'd like to sing. I chose "Amazing Grace." I've sung before -- but nervousness hit me, as this style is not my normal singing style. But it came out, and people clapped. The band asked me to do some more stuff. I sang part of a song by a bluegrass band called The Sullivans -- "At the Feet of God." It felt... good.

I know I am allowed to feel good -- in spite of what all happened. God did not allow me to see what I saw to hurt me -- I have to learn something. I have to bless the Lord at all times. I have to still say no to my children when I know it is not good for them -- and appreciate those gifts called my children more than I have. I have to know I cannot save all people, and not be bitter that I cannot. I have to still stay open and honest with others about myself, my quirks, and my struggles. I need to keep an open line at all times to Jesus, and not let the evil one cloud my judgement of who I am in Him. In this world where everyone wants to have their 15 minutes of fame and where celebrities are given more of a voice than they ought to have, I must to teach my children to be content at all times wherever they may be -- and rejoice that even if they are not known to the vast masses, that they CAN rejoice that their names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

2 comments:

Donna Cooper said...

Hi,

You've commented on my blog recently. I wanted to let you know that I'm running a contest to win a T-shirt and also an 8X10 frameable print of my poem. Drop by and enter (see blog dated 10/18/08 for rules) You must enter by midnight tonigt (10/23/08).

www.HisGraceAmazesMe.blogspot.com

Good luck!
Donna Cooper

My Little Nest said...

I'm so happy for you, getting to be up on stage like that! I drove by your church today, and prayed for you, wondered how you were doing. You're in my thoughts (in between all the election "stuff"). Bless ya'