Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Smallest Prayer

The Smallest Prayer
by Grace E. Easley

God hears the very smallest prayer,
Nor sends a cross too great to bear,
And though we stumble now and then,
He always picks us up again.

There is no moment day or night,
When we are hidden from His sight,
No wall too high nor door too stout,
To keep His loving care without.

His ways are wiser than our own,
His strength remains when ours is gone,
We must not doubt nor question why,
He sends the answers by and by.

And this I know within my heart,
All darkness fades and shadows part,
And that sometime, somehow, somewhere,
God hears and answers every prayer!

------------------------------------

My aunt seems to send me things JUST when I need it. I'm not talking about the Maxine cartoons, or those funny photos with the crazy animals.... (even though I must admit, I love those silly animal photos), nor even those quizzes that show how intelligent I am (even though I love those, too). No, it's those wonderful verses or pieces of Biblical wisdom that get sent to me by her when I'm thinking I need some of God's wisdom, or when I'm going through something.

She sent me the above poem. It's just right, when I'm praying yesterday about dealing with the aftermath of all of this junk that happened and also dealing with a child with an ear infection. I remember praying, "Lord -- it says in your Word that if a child asks his father for bread that he won't give them a stone. You say that You take care of Your children better than those on earth. Well, God," I whispered through tears, "I'm your daughter.... please take care of me, I need You so badly in the midst of this storm."

I read a mailing from Voice of the Martyrs -- then I realize what praising God through the storm is all about, and I know that my God will not leave me nor forsake me.

God is listening,,, to the smallest prayer. Thank you, Jesus!

No comments: