Thursday, October 2, 2008

Chuck Bently has it on the money

As a homeschooling mother, I usually don't get to listen to the radio during the day. Goodness, I'll be lucky if I get to change into nice clothes, because I usually hit the ground running, because if I sleep in too late, my children, who could be named, "Brooding Storm", "Hurricane Category 4", "Ms. Tornado", and "Little Mister Typhoon" could make me rue the fact that I did so! But then, that's a whole other post for this blog.....

At any rate, I was on my way to my first ever appointment at a chiropractor's, when I turned on my radio. I was about to place my Newsboys CD into the player when I heard a person named Chuck Bently on the radio. He's on Crown.org. He took over for the late Larry Burkett's show, "Money Matters." What he said spoke directly into my spirit, and I needed to share it.

Did anyone notice that the major component missing in all of this trying to solve the whole economic disaster is the MAJOR component that we as a nation should come together to do: PRAY and seek God's face and wisdom in this matter.

I sure have, and so has Chuck Bently.

He said that we've omitted God from the equation, and we need to ask God to turn our hearts over to Him. Chuck stated that we as Christians need to run contrary to the world and form a grassroots movement to:
1) Turn to Him
2) Get our personal house in order
3) Create the "New American Dream" of LIVING WITHIN OUR MEANS.

Wow! Living within our means! What a concept congress, the country and the world has missed out on. It says in the Word that whatever we are beholding to is of what, therein we are slaves. We need to get out from under the bondage of credit card debt (and I don't mean by declaring bankruptcy), the bondage of wanting more and more and more, while having less and less and less to pay for these items. It means saying no -- to our children, the ads on the television and radio, and mostly to ourselves.

It says in the Word that God will take care of our NEEDS according to His riches in glory. Funny, I never saw anything about wants, although I'm sure He fulfills our desires beyond our wildest imagination. It also says that we as Christians are NOT to WORRY. We are not to worry about what we will eat, drink or wear -- that is what the world worries about. BUT, our FATHER in Heaven WILL take care of all of our NEEDS. What a wonderful Father!

We Christians have to step up and be the leading force, showing a world terrified by this economic disaster that there is NO reason to fear!

Chuck Bently has called for a fast from October 14th through November 23rd to ask for God's wisdom, Divine guidance, and Repentance. He's based that upon II Chronicles 7:14: "If my people, who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." My own husband preached that one verse for over a month -- God feels it's THAT important that we all humble ourselves. Anyway, Chuck also said that after the fast, that we should have a week of Feast and Thanksgiving for God's provision, followed by a National Day of Generosity on November 30th.

Chuck is right -- we need to stop waiting for someone else to help us -- Church leaders need to LEAD -- and by that, they need to point to our Father God in Heaven as the answer to our need. I plan on fasting and becoming humble before the Lord,,, I humbly ask that you do the same.

No comments: